Prince of Peace
Prince of Peace in now in it’s 25th year as a home! God had granted the Home great favor and we all feel a special responsibility to insure the girls have every opportunity to grow into productive Guatemalan citizens. Our goal is to provide all the tools possible, education, counseling and the opportunity for our girls to get a job when they leave the home. The home is somewhat unique in that we have a full time education director, psychologist and social worker to teach, promote healing and provide a safe, loving environment.
Our purpose at Prince of Peace:
To provide a safe refuge where each girl may:
Receive spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional support
Experience the unconditional love of God
Develop self-respect and respect for others
To introduce each girl to a personal, saving relationship in Jesus Christ and to facilitate their spiritual growth toward full devotion toward being on mission with God.
Director: Dr. & Mrs. Jim Hines
Telephone USA: 859-408-9611
Address USA: P.O. Box 1344, Mt. Sterling, KY, 40353
Articles about Orphan Care
- Because someone cared, lives are being changed in Guatemala. Read on to find out what has happened in our ministry this past year.
- 2018 Mid-Year Report from missionary family in Guatemala. Our ministry has grown substantially, not just in the numbers of those we serve, but in depth and scope.
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. Lessons about orphan care from a missionary in Guatemala. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our list and consider them “mission accomplished”? All too often in many orphanages and children’s homes, the moment they walk out the door they are forgotten.
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem of orphan care in Guatemala.
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God. Serving orphans and vulnerable children in Guatemala, we have had to figure out how to do this right.