Manos de Compasion
Located in the Bay of Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala, Manos de Compasion is a childrens' home serving the Lord in the care of the orphan and preaching the gospel to the lost. Our number one goal is to raise up abandon, abused, and forgoten childen to be men and women of Christ. Follow us as we serve the Lord with the talents and gifts he has given us.
Dave, home director, is from a small town about one hour from Philadelphia Pennsylvania. He came to Guatemala in 2009. He and Deborah were married in July 2009 and took over the ministry in 2010 from Deborah’s parents. Aside from filling the usual father responsibilites, Dave does most of the maintenance around the house and property. With so many children things are bound to break.
Deborah was born about one hour north of Green Bay Wisconsin. Her parents, Tom and Sue Stukenberg, went on the mission field when Deborah was 7 years old. She helped run the home with her parents until they left the field. Aside from the usual mother responsibilities, Deborah does the schooling as well as the cooking and legal work for the home.
Director: Dave and Deborah Reichard
Telephone Guatemala: +502-4407-1480
Address Guatemala: Lote I-26 Bahia de Santiago Aldea Tzanchaj, Santiago Atitlan, Solola, Guatemala
Articles about Orphan Care
- Because someone cared, lives are being changed in Guatemala. Read on to find out what has happened in our ministry this past year.
- 2018 Mid-Year Report from missionary family in Guatemala. Our ministry has grown substantially, not just in the numbers of those we serve, but in depth and scope.
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. Lessons about orphan care from a missionary in Guatemala. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our list and consider them “mission accomplished”? All too often in many orphanages and children’s homes, the moment they walk out the door they are forgotten.
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem of orphan care in Guatemala.
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God. Serving orphans and vulnerable children in Guatemala, we have had to figure out how to do this right.