Fundaniños is a nondenominational, Christian-based Foundation, operating as a children´s home.
Years ago, a small group of Guatemalans began working as volunteers in juvenile jails delivering the message of hope and change through Jesus Christ. In the jails, they saw the needs of the children who found themselves trapped in a system that denied them any possibility of change. In response, they founded Fundaniños in 1991.
The founders also realized the need to create preventive programs that would help keep children in high-risk situations off the streets. High-risk children are those who are abandoned, neglected or abused in their living situations, and who have been placed us as an alternative to living on the streets. Fundaniños works with a collaboration of juvenile courts in Guatemala that refer children to specific homes. From there, the healing process can begin. Ultimately, our hope is that this process includes the possibility of adoption into a loving family.
Fundaniños was legally established as a non-profit organization in accordance with the Guatemalan government’s agreement #143 on December 14th, 1993. We are also a registered 501(c)(3) organization in the United States operating as "Los Niños de Guatemala Foundation." All donations in Guatemala or in the United States are tax deductible.
Director: Gustavo Escobedo
Address Guatemala:2a. Av. 11-09 Zona 9 Edificio Plaza 2-11 Guatemala. CA
Articles about Orphan Care
- Because someone cared, lives are being changed in Guatemala. Read on to find out what has happened in our ministry this past year.
- 2018 Mid-Year Report. This has been a busy year for us so far! Our ministry has grown substantially, not just in the numbers of those […]
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our […]
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.