El Hogar Prometido
To promote through programs and activities at “The Promised Home“, a family atmosphere in an integral way, which will supply the needs of shelter, protection, adequate food, clothing, health care (physical, mental, emotional and spiritual) formal and informal education. This will facilitate the improvement of the quality of life for children who are being threatened and/or violated of their human rights or orphan status. This will prepare them to adapt to a new opportunity to assert their right to have shelter and protection, and also a family and an emotional stability that gives them security, continuity and social restoration. They will have God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit as a model of love and mercy.
We are an institution that offers a temporary home and quality attendance to the integral development of each child in orphanhood, implementing adequate, innovative, and participatory methods and also having qualified personnel. We desire to put in practice the knowledge of the Word of God and to comply with the social responsibility of the Christian Church.
Contact Person: Joe and Mendy Maynor
Address Guatemala:"0" Calle 8-95 Zona 9, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala C.A.
Articles about Orphan Care
- Because someone cared, lives are being changed in Guatemala. Read on to find out what has happened in our ministry this past year.
- 2018 Mid-Year Report from missionary family in Guatemala. Our ministry has grown substantially, not just in the numbers of those we serve, but in depth and scope.
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. Lessons about orphan care from a missionary in Guatemala. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our list and consider them “mission accomplished”? All too often in many orphanages and children’s homes, the moment they walk out the door they are forgotten.
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem of orphan care in Guatemala.
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God. Serving orphans and vulnerable children in Guatemala, we have had to figure out how to do this right.