Caring for Orphans is the GospelDecember 15, 2015
Missionary News in Guatemala, January 2016January 1, 2016
2015 Year End Missionary Report From Guatemala.
- Took on bigger role at the orphanage Fundaninos assisting with public relations, fund-raising, strategy and the independence program which assists children as they transition out of the home.
- Over 650 classes were taught by us, our teachers and volunteers this year providing computer skills, woodworking, engineering, culinary arts and primary education to students in orphanages and schools.
- Launched an engineering class at the orphanage Fundaninos and taught weekly classes.
- Started a cooking club at the orphanage Fundaninos to teach culinary arts.
- Revamped our educational programs at the Precious Moments School/Orphanage to include afternoon tutoring and computer classes.
- Gave +50 Bible classes at youth group meetings held in our home, in schools and orphanages.
- Set up three dozen computers with educational software for schools and orphanages around Guatemala.
- Gave Bibles to 225 students in Guatemala.
- Held vision clinics with a fellow missionary to give out hundreds of glasses.
- Assisted seven mission teams in ministry.
- Worked with our local church to remodel a classroom at a rural school.
- Was invited to speak on a Christian TV station to share about our ministry in Guatemala.
- Helped several students from Fundaninos as they moved on to life outside the orphanage, helped them find jobs, places to stay and coached them as they stepped out on their own.
- Assisted with an engineering shopbot cnc design camp at an orphanage.
- Started a regular VBS program at the Precious Moments School & Orphanage with volunteers from our local church.
- Spent countless hours loving, caring and ministering to those in our care.