Safe Haven Family Village
The children at Safe Haven Village receive the daily love, care, and attention you would expect to see in a healthy family. Meal times are important, daily routines and responsibilities, time as a family, devotions… these are some of the habits that help solidify our foundations in life and prepare us for tomorrow. All children receive an education at Liberty College (with schooling for all grades), a private school on the campus of Hope of Life International and one of the best schools in the region. Training in technical and professional trades are also available to the older students. Educational visas are also made available from time to time for students.
Child sponsorship ministries working throughout the world are wonderful, and we have actually supported some over the years. It’s our experience that monthly child sponsorship ministries come alongside existing relief and development work, by providing extra support for a child, supplementing where needed, depending on what’s already available to the child. The key there being extra support.
At Safe Haven Village, orphaned children are being given the gift of family with all their needs being met. Up to ten children are paired up with a Christian family, becoming a new family. All the children’s needs are met from the ground up, including food, water, housing, clothing, healthcare, education, hygiene training, training for life skills and discipleship.
Hope of Life International is instrumental in changing the face of Guatemala not only from a relief/assistance perspective, but also with long term development in mind, in the form of education, community development and job creation, including a tilapia farm, greenhouse farming, establishing a hospital, and digging wells for clean water. The team at Hope of Life always has a new project on the go. One of the latest projects is the establishment of a leadership institute.
The families at Safe Haven Village are missionaries serving with Hope of Life to raise orphaned children. The heart of the ministry is to bring up children whose lives are transformed by the love of Jesus and who will be lights in their country. The missionaries raise support for the needs of the children in their care as well as their own personal needs.
The social worker selects the children to be placed in each home. Each family group will include different ages to keep the structure as close to a typical family as possible.
Telephone USA: (401) 421-9078
Telephone USA: (540) 809-5252
Address USA: Safe Haven Village c/o Hope of Life International, 85 Whipple Street Providence, RI 02908
Address USA: Safe Haven Village, 10181 Landfall Lane King George, VA 22485
Articles about Orphan Care
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our […]
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.
- A day out with the boys Recently I took four boys from an orphanage out for the day and we had a wonderful experience. Among the […]
- That is the whole story of redemption. Starting in the beginning, in the garden. The universe was meant to be our home, it was created as […]