Casa Jackson is a recovery center for malnourished infants and children under the age of 11 years located in Antigua, Guatemala. We exist to provide children with the medical, nutritional, and educational assistance they need for the quickest recovery possible.
The boys and girls of The GOD’S CHILD Project are alive, in school, and healthy because of you. They are no longer homeless. They are no longer hungry. They no longer need to sell themselves for a warm place to stay.
The GOD’S CHILD Project (GCP) is a educational development organization dedicated to “breaking the chains of poverty through education and formation.” Since its founding in 1991 by Patrick Atkinson, it has grown to more than twelve distinct programs in 5 different countries.
Today, The GOD’S CHILD Project cares for and educates 5,000 orphaned, abandoned, and poverty-stricken boys and girls in addition to providing health and community-based services for 8,700 widowed, abandoned, and single mothers and their dependents in Guatemala, El Salvador, Malawi, and India.
GCP is dedicated to sustainable and permanent changes. Through clinics, schools, social work, micro-finance, homeless shelters, drug rehabilitation, and human trafficking advocacy, The GODS CHILD Project is able to get to the underlying causes of poverty instead of merely treating the symptoms. Children who were once homeless and abandoned are now professional adults with families of their own because of the chance that GOD’S CHILD gave them.
We are not a hand-out program. Children earn much of what they receive through their participation in the program and in their schools, and have the opportunity to earn an additional scholarship which supplements, or even surpasses, their family’s income. Rewarding the children for academic excellence gives the other family members (i.e. the mother or parents) a vested interest in the academic progress of their child.
It is because of the support and love of the children’s friends, benefactors, and sponsors that we are able to keep them alive, in school, and healthy. We are extremely grateful for their prayers, love, and support for the children.
Contact Person:Corinne Castro
Telephone Guatemala: +502-2331-9408
Address Guatemala: Antigua, Guatemala
Articles about Orphan Care
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our […]
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.
- A day out with the boys Recently I took four boys from an orphanage out for the day and we had a wonderful experience. Among the […]
- That is the whole story of redemption. Starting in the beginning, in the garden. The universe was meant to be our home, it was created as […]