Casa Guatemala is an orphanage that cares for the nurturing, health and education of over 250 children. These children come from a variety of backgrounds; some have been abandoned, some have been abused, while still others come from families too poor to even provide the basics of a child’s needs. You can find out about the background of some of the children here.
The project touches the lives of hundreds of people. The 250+ kids that live at the children’s village, the people who work at the orphanage, the teachers that are employed at the orphanage school, members of the local village, workers at the Hotel Backpackers and the volunteers from all over the world who give their time to help out.
The orphanage receives no government support and is totally dependent upon the kind donations from people and groups from around the world. Casa Guatemala is split into three interdependent sites; an Infant Home/Medical Centre, Teenage Home/Administration Office and The Childrens Villiage, each with its own function but working in concert.
Telephone Guatemala: +502-2331-9408
Articles about Orphan Care
- 2018 Mid-Year Report. This has been a busy year for us so far! Our ministry has grown substantially, not just in the numbers of those […]
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our […]
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.
- A day out with the boys Recently I took four boys from an orphanage out for the day and we had a wonderful experience. Among the […]