At Casa Bernabe (House of Comfort) children find acceptance, stability and healing in the love of Jesus. Casa Bernabe is a beautiful 13-acre campus near Guatemala City that is home to more than 150 children. All of the children come out of difficult living situations. Some are orphans, others have been abandoned, others abused. Each child belongs to a loving, nurturing family made up of house parents and their own children. Together they live in individual houses large enough for 15-20 children of the same age group. As a family unit they eat, pray, play and work together. Everyone at Casa Bernabe belongs to a larger, international family.
Guatemalans, missionaries and people from different languages and backgrounds work together to make this a place of hope and healing. Some live at Casa Bernabe full time or short term, while others support the ministry through prayers and giving.
Telephone USA: 1-877-265-2989
Telephone Guatemala: +502-5118 6285
Address USA: Friends of Children Everywhere (FOCE), P.O. Box 6904, Kokomo, IND 46904-6904
Address Guatemala: Carretera El Salvador Fraijanes
Articles about Orphan Care
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our […]
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.
- A day out with the boys Recently I took four boys from an orphanage out for the day and we had a wonderful experience. Among the […]
- That is the whole story of redemption. Starting in the beginning, in the garden. The universe was meant to be our home, it was created as […]