Casa Angelina is a haven and family for the lost and forgotten children of Guatemala. Guatemala is an extremely impoverished nation. They are beautiful and proud people, but sadly they have very little health care and practically no education. There are thousands of orphans in Guatemala, many of whom come from parents who have died of starvation or alcoholism, or who have chosen to abandon their children on the city streets because they have no way to support them.
There are currently 58 children living at Casa Angelina and construction is under way to give shelter to over 300 orphans in its family style housing. Each home is designed to house 10 children and one set of house parents — a setting to give the children more individual care.
Faith Christian Center is honored to be in partnership with Casa Angelina through What Matters Ministries and Missions and is in the process of building one of these homes. We want to do our part in providing the children with family, food, clothing, shelter and most importantly, the love of Jesus.
Articles about Orphan Care
- Because someone cared, lives are being changed in Guatemala. Read on to find out what has happened in our ministry this past year.
- 2018 Mid-Year Report. This has been a busy year for us so far! Our ministry has grown substantially, not just in the numbers of those […]
- Orphan Care – Beyond Orphanages, serving for a lifetime. When does our ministry end? When do we check someone we have been serving off our […]
- Orphan Prevention, getting to the root of the problem. Children are best served in families. We know this, yet in Guatemala, as many as 80 […]
- Anyone can love when it’s easy; but, it’s how we respond when things are hard, that truly demonstrates the heart of God.